Sunday, June 28, 2009

East Meets West

Some of you might already be aware that my parents ventured out here to the West Coast for the first time in 2.5 years last week. Matt and I weren't sure what to expect and it was interesting to say the least. Don't get us wrong, we enjoyed having them around. I think we've both just gotten into the routine of always visiting them in New Hampshire. We haven't had to play hosts for out-of-town guests since our wedding in Las Vegas 2 years ago (2 years on July 28 to be exact).



We did a lot of shopping and driving around. They treated us to some hiking gear at REI and a new Coach purse for me up at the Seattle Premium Outlet Mall. They fell in love with Luna and da boys. In fact, the night my father, Matt and I went to a Mariner's game my mom stayed home and pet sit her furgrandchildren. She said at one point she had Fidel in her lap, Karl up by her head on the couch, Vlad at her feet and Luna on the couch - she was surrounded! They got to see Luna strut her stuff at agility - she rocks the A-frame now and they joined us for a morning at the beach for one of our Corgi meetups. All in all, I think they had lots of fun. I know they LOVED their hotel - the Silver Cloud Inn at Mukilteo. It was right on the water.



Oh, and I got to see my dad for Father's Day for the first time in I don't even know how many years. We went out to Red Robin. My mom took full advantage of the bottomless fries.

Luna is ready for her walk now and I need to get ready for my dad. I didn't get to see my kitties at PAWS last week. I hope there are hardly any there!

1 comment:

ClassyChassy said...

Sounds like a nice visit - and good for the pets to meet people, too!!!