Saturday, September 3, 2011

Corgi Fun Day 2011

Luna enjoying a picnic lunch.
Today we took Luna to Corgi Fun Day at McCollum Park which is only a short drive from our home.  It was a beautiful day to mingle with some fellow corgi owners and lovers and we got to see a lot of old friends that we've made through the Meetup group.  As soon as we got there Luna started flirting with a boy corgi puppy!  It really was too bad that there was no off leash area because the two of them could have played for hours!  She also got to see her boyfriend, Milo, but by then she was too interested in the hot dogs that were cooking for lunch.  Matt finally got to meet Luna's sister (same litter) Shadow and her family.  I didn't get any pictures of her this time, but they are almost identical.  Luna's coat is a little rougher and Shadow is a little thicker around the middle, but they have the same face!  In true Luna fashion, she snapped at her when she got too close.  She had been doing so good up until that point.  Oh well, I guess we can chalk it up to sibling rivalry, but truth be told Luna is just a bitch.

Luna and I playing musical "hoops."  As you can see she was very into it.  
Before we left we played musical hoops (hula hoops instead of chairs) and we won 3rd place!  We even got a  3rd place ribbon.   They only had 2 pieces of agility equipment there:  Weave poles and a single jump.  I was SHOCKED when she ran up to the weave poles and started going in and out of them like a pro!  Sure, she skipped a few, but we haven't practiced agility in over 2 years so I was baffled that she would remember what to do at all especially since I didn't prompt her to do anything.  What a smart girl!  After seeing her take to them so quickly I was half tempted to sign her up for classes since there is a new club in Lynnwood, but I just don't think I have the time or energy right now which saddens me because she could really use the mental stimulation.     Oh well, it is something to keep in mind.

After we left we took Luna to Paddywack so she could pick out a bone.  Her birthday is in a few short weeks so we'll take her back to get a puppy pizza and maybe a birthday cookie.  Yes, they really sell such things there.

Once we got home, Luna immediately wanted to snuggle and fall asleep in my lap.  She's such a spoiled girl lately!  Next weekend, Matt and I are taking her to the 20th annual PAWSwalk to help raise money for the low-kill shelter where we adopted Fidel (RIP) and Vlad.
I was so proud of Luna when she remembered how to use the weave poles!

No comments: