Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Our Honeymoon!

Let's start with some background information...

Matt and I were married on Saturday, July 28, 2007 in Las Vegas. I was a bridesmaid in my bridesmaid's wedding on Saturday, August 11, 2007 in Virginia. Then we closed on our condo in Everett, Washington on Thursday, November 1, 2007. Matt turned 26 on February 7, 2008 and I turned 30 on February 25, 2008.These were all factors in why we decided to take our honeymoon from February 23-March 1, 2008 and not directly after our wedding. I am glad we waited because I think we were able to relax and enjoy it more. Now time to get to the story!

We flew to Mexico on a red eye Friday night, February 22. I had had a full day of parent-teacher confrences and dealing with our Hyundai dealership so I was pretty beat. Of course, that set me up for a wonderful sinus infection that plagued our entire trip. Its ok now, I am finally on antibiotics!Our flight was uneventful which is exactly how I like them! When we got off the plane in Cozumel it was HOT. We had an interesting walk on the tarmac to the terminal. We saw their guards with their machine guns. Lovely. I was smart and packed a pair of shorts and a tshirt in my carryon so I got changed while Matt waited for our luggage. Then we jumped in our taxi and we were off to the Park Royal Hotel.


Check in was a big process. It was Saturday so lots of people were trying to check in and out. Our room wasn't ready when we got there at noon so they took our luggage, gave us our all-inclusive bracelets and told us to come back at 3pm. We wondered around for a bit and our room ended up not being ready until 4pm. We were beat by then and just wanted to sleep since we'd been up for over 24 hours! Here are some pictures from the exploration of the area by our hotel.
This was really great for my yet undiagnosed sinus infection:





We saw this on our walk along the beach. It was for a beach bar.

When we finally got our room we crashed for a little then got cleaned up for dinner at the Italian Restaurant that the hotel runs. It was alright. Not the greatest Italian I've ever had. We checked out some of the hotel's nightlife and then went to bed. We were beat!
More to come....







No comments: