1. I am an only child. My parents are both only children. Therefore I have no aunts, no uncles, no cousins, or siblings. I try to make up for it in the number of friends I have.
2. My cats are named after communists, Fidel (Castro), Vladimir (Lenin) and Karl(Marx). Nikita was named after Khrushchev. Luna came with her name. Her AKC name is Vanguard Bella Luna.
3. I've only lived in Washington State for around 7 years now. I moved here for grad school, fell in love, got married and have no plans to move back East.
4. My husband and I aren't set on living in Washington State forever, but so far we feel there is nowhere better to live.
5. I volunteer at PAWS in the cat room 3 hours a week. I can actually put all of my cat expertise to good use.
6. I have a Masters Degree in International Studies from the University of Washington. It will probably take me 20 years to pay off my student loans and my current career choice has very little to do with my degree.
7. However, without my degree, I don't think I would be the person I am today and I wouldn't have the job I have without it.
8. My mother has scared me for life about being a teacher (I teach preschool). She taught me that those who do do and those who don't teach. I try not let that ruin my current happiness.
9. I met my now husband while dating someone else.
10. I like to read crappy mystery novels, especially those by Joan Hess.
11. I use Spanish in my every day life more than my Russian. Damn you, Senor.
12. I make my husband pick out his own Christmas/Anniversary/Birthday presents. I blame my father for this one. He never bought my mother an original gift in his life.
13. I currently want babies. My husband wants a new car and a trip to Japan. May the best man win! :)
14. I've been to all of the New England states except for Rhode Island.
15. I've been to Canada, Mexico, England and Russia. Puerto Rico is not a foreign country, but I've been there.
16. I'd rather go to Ireland than Japan.
17. Thanks to my college friends, I am guaranteed to be a bridesmaid/Maid of Honor at least 3 times in my life.
18. I like suburbia. Hated it growing up, but now I am at the age where I seek comfort in it.
19. My future children will be named Bruce Matthew and Calleigh Marie (not after communists).
20. My parents are from Boston and I couldn't hear their accents until I moved out West.
21. Thanks to my sophomore year in college, I still can't drink whiskey.
22. I prefer red wine. Merlot is particularly good.
23. I considered naming one of our cats Begemot from the novel "Master and Margarita" by Bulgakov, however, it just doesn't role off your tongue like the commie names we've come up with.
24. I'd love to take Matt to Russia someday.
25. Luna and I do agility because we both need to get into better shape. Too bad she is only motivated by her treats.