Sunday, October 19, 2008

Creative, Crafty, Me?

Over the past few weeks, I have tried to modernize a set of candlesticks that my MIL left with my husband when she moved out of Seattle several years ago. Here is the step-by-step process I used as well as the end result.

Here are the candlesticks after I sanded down all of the lose and chipped silver paint.

Close up shot. There was some rust present.

Getting ready to spray paint them black. It took 2 coats.

Below is what they looked like after 1 coat. I put painter's tape around the plastic beads to protect them.

The final product below. Unfortunately, I wasn't as careful with the painter's tape as I should have been so when I took it off there were some noticeable spots of silver that I missed. Oh well. I plan on just bringing them into work and finishing them up by filling the holes with some tempra paint. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Now I just have to find a spot to show them off!