Friday, April 11, 2008

Yappy Hour and Dog Fashion Show


Last night Luna and I headed down to Kirkland to Dooley's Dog House Pet Store for Yappy Hour and a Fashion Show put on by Planet Poochie. This was a fundraiser for Pasado's Safe Haven. We got to meet some dogs that were looking to be adopted too.

At first Luna did NOT want to go in. I had to all but pick her up and carry her through the door. Of course, being the adorable Corgi that she is, everyone wanted to pet her and oohed and ahhed over her. Meanwhile all she wanted to do was hide under the table!

It took awhile and a lot of pets from mommy before Luna was at home and munching away on her dog cookies provided by Simon and Huey. They even had wine and beer for the humans! She really liked an Eskie that was there. So much so that you could tell the Eskie felt smothered. There was a 7 month old English Bulldog there that loved Luna. Luna did not feel the same way, so the Bulldog was reduced to flopping on the floor so she could slink closer to her. Ahh, puppies.

The Yappy Hour was impressive! For the dogs, they had a nice spread of cookies from Simon and Huey's. Luna didn't want her cookie at first, but once she warmed up to all the dogs and people she happily munched her's down. And then another... and another... and I took some home for her to eat later. What can I say? She loves sweats just like her mother!

For the adults, Yappy Hour consisted of beer and wine, plus some "pupp-etizers" donated by a local deli. It was all yummy. I had fun mingling with the other dog owners and after awhile Luna warmed up to everything. In fact, she wanted all of my attention. She insisted on jumping up on me so I would kneel (way) down and pet her. She was having fun.

The fashion started about 45 minutes after we got there. It consisted of two parts. We stayed for both. We saw lots of cute dogs in funny outfits. I think after awhile Luna wanted to get up on stage herself! Daddy says she's not allowed to wear outfits, just her raincoat and a Halloween costume, so she was living vicariously. At the end of the show though, we were allowed to put our dogs up on the red carpet stage for picture taking. Luna was such a star! Everyone was taking her picture.















We had a great time and it was all for a great cause - Pasado's Safe Haven.

I promise in my next post I will talk more about the cats. They have a very exciting event coming up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are ob-sessed. I love it! -Megan